Pioneer Trust Bank is pleased to announce the release of its Mobile Check Deposit service, available through our Mobile Banking app for iPhone and Android smartphones, as well as iPad and select Android tablets. This service is only available to personal clients who are registered with our Personal Online Banking service.
Don’t have our Mobile Banking app installed? Just visit our Mobile Banking page and click on the link for device type.
What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to take a photo of an endorsed check with your smartphone or tablet and send the images electronically to Pioneer Trust Bank for deposit. There are no fees for using our Mobile Check Deposit service, but check with your carrier on any message and data fees that may apply.
- Deposits can be made any time, day or night.
- No branch visit is required.
- No paper deposit slips are needed.
- No mailing of deposits is required.
- Completely secure. Advanced technology, including encryption, firewalls, and authentication processes keeps your personal information safe and confidential.
How to Make an Electronic Deposit
Depositing a check using your smartphone or itablet is fast and easy.
- Log in to the PTB Mobile Banking app and select Deposits. From here, you can view your deposit history and/or make a new deposit
- Select New Deposit and indicate the account where funds are to be deposited. Enter the amount of the check you are depositing. When ready, select Continue
- Take a photo of the front of your check. Use a background with a strong contrast between the check and surrounding area. Make sure the entire check is visible in the screen area and is in focus
- Snap your photo using the camera button. The image will now be displayed for your review. If the photo does not show the check clearly, you can retake the photo and repeat the process. If your check photo is readable and clear, select Use Photo
- Repeat the process for the back of the check
- Once the two images are approved, you will then verify the account and check amount. If the deposit details are correct, confirm the deposit by clicking Submit.
The Results screen will let you know the deposit has been received.
- Pending means the check is under review and will normally clear the next business day.
- The Deposit Failed screen will explain any problems found during the image analysis/transaction. You will then be asked to either retake the check images or restart the entire deposit process.
If the system cannot correctly read the writing on the check, you can always deposit your check at any of our bank offices.
How Long Will It Take for a Check to Clear?
Once your check has been electronically deposited, funds are generally available within two business days. You can return to the Mobile Check Deposit service to check on the deposit status. Be sure to keep the original paper check until the funds have cleared your account, then destroy the original check after the deposit has posted.
Electronic deposits submitted before 3:00PM PST on a business day will be processed the same day. Deposits submitted after 3:00PM on a non-business day will be processed the next business day.
What Kind of Checks Can I Deposit Using Mobile Check Deposit?
PTB Mobile Deposit is available to owners and authorized signers of deposit accounts who are enrolled in Mobile Banking. Only checks drawn on Financial Institutions in the United States payable solely to the account owner(s) are eligible to be deposited via Mobile Deposit.
Items that are not eligible include:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than an owner of the account (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you)
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited to an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks payable on a financial institution outside of the United States.
- Checks which are not payable in United States currency.
- Checks which are post-dated or dated older than 6 months prior to the deposit date.
- Checks which are incomplete.
- Checks which are remotely created.
- Checks drawn on the account into which you are depositing.
- Checks which contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account.
- Checks which have been previously submitted through Mobile Remote Deposit.
- Checks which are payable on sight or payable through Drafts, such as Credit Card Convenience checks, for example.
- Items marked “non-negotiable”.
- Postal & Personal Money Orders.
- US Treasury Checks.
- US Savings Bonds.
- Cashier’s Checks.
- Traveler’s Checks.
- Substitute/Image Replacement Checks.
For any questions about this service, please call our Online Banking Support at (503) 480-1929.