Steps to Take
- Call us at (888) 444-3497
- Contact all card companies right away to report stolen cards.
- Call one of the consumer credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report. You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert. The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their versions of your report, too. If you do not receive a confirmation from a company, you should contact that company directly to place a fraud alert.
- Call the Social Security Administration’s Fraud Line, if anything with your Social Security number on it was taken.
- Social Security Administration Fraud Line 1-800-269-0271
Report the theft to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Their website is also the best source for identity theft guidance.
Federal Trade Commission
Credit Reporting Agencies
To report fraud, call: 800-525-6285 and write: P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
To report fraud, call: 888-EXPERIAN (888-397-3742) and write: P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
To report fraud, call: 800-680-7289 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write: Fraud Victim Assistance Department, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790