Personal Remote Deposit
Deposit checks online with your mobile device.
With PTB Mobile Deposit, making an online check deposit with your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone is as simple as snapping a photo. Get the Pioneer Trust Bank Mobile Banking app today, and then:
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use PTB Mobile Deposit?
- Mobile Deposit is available to owners and authorized signers of deposit accounts who are enrolled in Mobile Banking.
What are the daily transaction limits?
- There is a $1,000 per check and a $1,500 per day, Mobile Deposit limit.
Is any kind of special endorsment required on the back of the check?
- Prior to image capture, all payees on eligible items must endorse the back of each check by signing their name. The endorsement must include "PTB MOBILE DEPOSIT".
When will the item be credited to my account?
- Mobile Deposits received by 3:00pm Pacific Time on a Banking day will be considered to be the day of deposit. Otherwise, the Bank will consider the deposit was made on the next Banking day. Typically, the deposit will be available for withdrawal by the first Banking day after the day of deposit.
What should I do with the item after making the deposit?
- The customer is required to securely store the original check for at least 14 calendar days, but no longer than 30 days before securely destroying the original check using a method that ensures the destruction of all confidential information.
What happens if their is abuse on my account?
- Please contact the Bank immediately. The Bank has the right to terminate a customer’s use of Mobile Deposit for any reason, at any time.
What Kind of Checks Can I Deposit Using Mobile Check Deposit?
PTB Mobile Deposit is available to owners and authorized signers of deposit accounts who are enrolled in Mobile Banking. Only checks drawn on Financial Institutions in the United States payable solely to the account owner(s) are eligible to be deposited via Mobile Deposit.
Items that are NOT eligible include:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than an owner of the account (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you)
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited to an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks payable on a financial institution outside of the United States.
- Checks which are not payable in United States currency.
- Checks which are post-dated or dated older than 6 months prior to the deposit date.
- Checks which are incomplete.
- Checks which are remotely created.
- Checks drawn on the account into which you are depositing.
- Checks which contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account.
- Checks which have been previously submitted through Mobile Remote Deposit.
- Checks which are payable on sight or payable through Drafts, such as Credit Card Convenience checks, for example.
- Items marked “non-negotiable”.
- Postal & Personal Money Orders.
- US Treasury Checks.
- US Savings Bonds.
- Cashier’s Checks.
- Traveler’s Checks.
- Substitute/Image Replacement Checks.
What are the fees for PTB Mobile?
There are no fees for using PTB Mobile Deposit.
Additional Training & Information
For additional training please view our interactive training guide below or visit out Online Education Center:
For additional information regarding Mobile Deposit, please refer to Pioneer Trust Bank’s Personal Online Services Terms & Conditions.
Business Remote Deposit
Deposit checks with a scanner.
To deposit checks online without a mobile device, you’ll need to be a business customer. In addition, you'll need an Internet-connected computer and a dedicated check scanner. Log in to your Online Banking account, click on the Remote Deposit Capture link and then:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Business Remote Deposit Capture (RDC)?
RDC is an exciting and powerful business tool that allows a Pioneer Trust Bank client to make check deposits without leaving the comfort of their office. It can provide increased access to funds and can enhance internal controls and better protect businesses from fraudulent activity.
What are the benefits of using Remote Deposit Capture?
- Convenience – no more deposit slips to complete, eliminate those trips to the bank to make a deposit. With RDC, it is like having your own personal teller at your place of business.
- Simplicity – RDC is easy to use. With RDC you can image all types of checks, including cashier’s checks, money orders and business checks.
- Improved cash flow – Increase funds availability.
- Enhances efficiency – Businesses enjoy reduced workload for processing transactions since manual deposits are a thing of the past. Research is easier, thanks to the storage of digital images. Productivity is improved because trips to the bank to make a deposit are unnecessary.
- Reduced fraud – Returned items can be identified and represented sooner. Checks are scanned into a secure website, giving you peace of mind.
What do you need to get started?
- Scanner (We provide as long as you use RDC with Pioneer Trust Bank)
- A broadband internet connection through your PC. No need to purchase and maintain software.
- Identify staff for training and assign permission levels.
How does it work?
- Using RDC is easy and convenient. Once your scanner is installed and your staff is trained, you are ready to start processing checks.
- Your customers send checks in the mail, or pay in person or via a drop box.
- Log onto the secure RDC website.
- Scan the checks using your scanner.
- The bank receives the remote deposit and processes the checks via image exchange; the deposit is automatically posted to your account.
- You shred customer checks after 60 days.
What are the fees for Business RDC?
- Scanner - Bank provides as long as you use RDC with Pioneer Trust Bank
- One time set up charge: $250
- Monthly service charge fee: $50 plus $.05 per item fee
Additional Information & Enrollment
For additional information regarding Business Remote Deposit Capture Mobile service or to enroll, please call our RDC Support line at (503) 480-1930.